6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 8:34 AM by James Gray RSS

ODBC and Windows 7

I can't get my ODBC connection to work after upgrading from Vista to Windows 7. It works fine on my Vista and XP machines. There's no mention of this in the Knowledgebase. I did find a discussion on another site where a Webtrends employee (and Developer Network person) said that the Webtrends ODBC driver isn't compatible with Win 7.

Anyone experienced this? Any workarounds? BTW, REST is not an option since I'm a software customer.

• Re: ODBC and Windows 7
    I'm going to reply to my own question. I installed the 8.7d ODBC driver even though we are usually advised to stick to our own version of WT Analytics (8.5a) and now it works. I wish there was mention of this in the KB. It would have saved me a lot of time.
      Paul Lawbaugh Novice

Good feedback.  I forwarded this on and we'll be adding that to the knowledge base asap.

Thanks!

I just posted a thread in the regular webtrends online forums asking about ODBC and win 7.  I am using webtrends ondemand and I can successfully install the driver via the installer supplied on the ondemand site (administration -> install components).  Although the installation wizard says it finished successfully, the webtrends driver is not showing up in my ODBC data sources, and thus I can't create a DSN.

here is my original post: http://forums.webtrends.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/753108901/m/805105267

Any ideas? I am using win 7 enterprise 64bit.

Jeff Jobe Newbie

If you are using 64-bit Windows, be sure to check the documentation for how to configure the ODBC driver.  The short answer is:

1. Click Start / Run

2. Type %windir%\SysWOW64\ODBCAD32.exe

3. Continue configuring as normal.

Thanks, that solved my issue with setting up the data source.  I wrote a custom C# .NET app for getting data over ODBC and I additionally had to set my compile target type from any cpu to x86 for it to recognize using the 32bit ODBC driver.  I hope that helps someone else down the road

This sounds exactly like the fix to what I'm looking for, but I have no idea how to implement it.  I used Jeff's advice which allowed me to establish the data source, but I'm getting an "Architecture Mismatch" error in excel when I try to connect.  I'm guessing its because I have a 64 bit machine (and Office) with a 32 bit driver. Can you provide a little bit more specific advice?